Chief, Takanori Fukushima Skull Base Center, Neurosurgery, Shin-yurigaoka General Hospital, Japan.
Skull Base Tumor Surgery.
- 2014 Certified by the Japan Neurosurgical Society # 6148.
- 2003 Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree from the Kurume University Postgraduate School of Medicine # 938.
- 1998 Japanese Medical License # 394619.
- 2012 – present Chief, Takanori Fukushima Skull Base Center, Neurosurgery, Shin-yurigaoka General Hospital.
- 2007 – 2012 Visiting Research Scholar; Division of Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center Research fellow; International Neurosurgery Education & Research Foundation (INERF).
- 1998 – 2007 Faculty Staff; Department of Neurosurgery Kurume University School of Medicine.
- Unilateral hypoglossal nerve palsy caused by an intraneural ganglion cyst.
- Microsurgical management of hypoglossal schwannomas over 3 Decades: A modified grading scale to guide surgical approach.
- Calcifying pseudoneoplasms of the skull base presenting cranial neuropathies; case report and literature review.
- Surgical management of non-vascular lesions around oculomotor nerve.
- Contemporary surgical management of vestibular schwannomas; Analysis of complications and lessons learned over the past decade.
- Less-invasive transjugular approach for glomus jugulare tumors: Fallopian-Bridge technique with hearing preservation.
- Middle Infratemporal Fossa Less Invasive Approach for Radical Resection of Parapharyngeal Tumors: Surgical Microanatomy and Clinical Application”.
- Fukushima Manual of Skull Base Dissection Third edition.
- Pathology and Surgery Around the Vertebral Artery.
- Tumors of Central Nerve System Springer – 2013, Chapter: Cranial Base Surgery of Hypoglossal Schwannomas.