Professor of Neurosurgery and Head of brain tumour section, The National Hospital, University of Oslo, Norway.
2009 – t.d Member of EANS training committee.
Organizer of 12 neurosurgical hands-on courses and 8 scientific meetings.
Member of organizing committes for 10 neurosurgical hands-on courses and 9 scientific meetings.
More than 120 lectures at international scientific meetings and hands-on courses.
- 2004 European Certificate of Neurosurgery (Valedictorian with Braakman-price) EANS.
- 2003 Specialty Diploma, Neurosurgery, Norwegian Medical Assoc.
- 1997 Doctor philosophiae (Dphil) University of Oslo.
- 1995 Candidatus medicinae (M.D.) (Valedictorian) University of Oslo.
- Skull base tumors, aneurysms, AVMs, dAVFs, EC-IC bypass, complex craniofacial reconstructions, craniopharyngeomas, low-grade gliomas & awake craniotomies, orbital tumors, and head-and-neck tumors.
- >100 scientific peer-reviewed articles; H-index 23; Book sections: 32 total; Scientific abstracts: 72 total; National treatment guidelines: 4.
- 2012 – 2015 Visiting professor Département Universitaire d’Anatomie, Lyon, France.
- 2012 Visiting professor LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport.
- 2004 – 2010 President of the Norwegian Society for Craniofacial Surgery.
- 2004 – 2005 Deputy Head of Department of Neurosurgery, Rikshospitalet.